My Stats:
Height: 21 inches
Weight: 10.5 pounds
I made it through my first month! Mommy and Daddy say it went by really fast. I've learned a lot this month and have accomplished many challenges. My muscles are getting much stronger so I'm able to hold my head up for a long time, turn my head from side to side, make lots of adorable and silly facial expressions and I can even laugh a little. My eyes are focusing much better now. I love to stare at objects and when I hear a noise, I find it with my eyes! My vocal chords are doing a good job because I'm starting to make lots of new noises and my cries have gotten much louder. Mommy and Daddy are able to tell what each cry means (good for us all) and take care of whatever it is that is the matter with me! I've taken 4 real baths so far and LOVE to splash my legs. I've started to push real hard with my legs and can even stand with help. I've grown out of 3 newborn sleepers and I'm starting to fit into some 0-3 months clothes. I'm also growing out of newborn diapers and into size 1! Mommy and Daddy have started mixing a couple ounces of formula with my milk which seems to help with my spitting up and makes me feel more full. I just started eating 5 ounces in my bottles today which is perfect for me! I only wake up 1 time during the middle of the night (usually around 2:30 a.m.). Mommy and Daddy take turns so they both get a good night sleep :) I've moved out of their room and into my own room! Mommy and Daddy have a video monitor so they can hear and see me when I make a lot of noise. We get to read books every day. My favorite books so far are "Color" books and Mirror Me where there is a mirror on every page for me to look at myself. Every night before I go to bed, Mommy and me cuddle and she reads me bedtime stories like Goodnight Moon and Goonight Gorilla. To put me to sleep, Mommy sings to me and Daddy makes car noises. I like the vibrations. In the morning, Daddy reads me a book called Daddy Hugs where we get to hug after he reads each page. I also have playtime where I kick my legs and move my arms in order to swing the rattles and toys on my activity gym. I usually fall asleep after a while though.
These pictures were taken this morning of me playing on my play mat. I'm doing a good job of holding onto objects when someone puts them in my hands.

No comments:
Post a Comment